Collection of Information
Last Updated: September 13th, 2021
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, banking information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as product or service details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access and use our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, search terms entered, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time. For details on how to stop such collection, see the Your Choices section below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from identity verification services, advertising and marketing partners, and data analytics providers. Additionally, if you create or log into your Sunroom account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
Use of Information
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and user experience surveys;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you security alerts related to your online account as well as support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Sunroom and others, and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Personalize the advertisements you see when you use our Services based on information provided by our advertising partners;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Sunroom and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you post or share content on our Service, including messages, text, photos, videos and other materials, we share that information with other users on the Service in accordance with your user settings for our Services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service or other policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Sunroom, our users, the public, or others.
- We may share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We may share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising & Analytics
4. ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Transfer of Information to the United States & Other Countries
5. TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Sunroom is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
6. YOUR CHOICES
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to delete your account, please [insert instructions]. However, note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
When you first launch one of our mobile applications that collects precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of such information. If you initially consent to our collection of such information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of precise location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device. Please note that, if you stop our collection of location information, some features of our Services may no longer function properly.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Sunroom by [insert opt-out methods]. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
7. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual or similar information; and inferences made by us. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the Sharing of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
- We share identifiers with advertising networks, customer support partners, data analytics providers, fraud prevention partners, marketing partners, and payment processors.
- We share commercial information with advertising networks, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners, marketing partners, and payment processors.
- We share Internet or other electronic network activity information with advertising networks, customer support partners, data analytics providers, marketing partners, and payment processors.
- We share geolocation data with advertising networks, marketing partners, and payment processors.
- We share audio, electronic, visual or similar information with customer support partners.
- We share inferences made by us with advertising networks and data analytics providers.
Sale of Personal Information: Sunroom does not sell your personal information. We do allow our advertising partners to collect certain device identifiers and electronic network activity via our Services to show ads that are targeted to your interests. To opt out of having your personal information used for targeted advertising purposes, please see the Advertising and Analytics section above.
Your Rights: If you are a California resident, you have the right, subject to certain limitations, to: (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose; (2) request deletion of your personal information; (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring; and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by calling [insert toll-free phone number] or visiting our Personal Data Requests page [link to rights request webform]. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as information about a recent purchase. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.
Additional Disclosures For Individuals in Europe
8. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, visit our Personal Data Requests page [link to rights request webform].
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html
9. CONTACT US
The creator app where women make money
The creator app where non-binary people make money